Fireworks Permit Information

In April 2008, Claremore City Council passed an ordinance allowing for fireworks to be discharged inside the city limits with a permit from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm on July 3, 4 and 5, provided the following conditions are met:
  • An adult person over the age of 18 shall obtain a permit from the City of Claremore at a cost of $25.
  • A permit will be issued for the use of Class C fireworks only.
  • The possession of any fireworks by any individual under the age of 18 years shall be unlawful within the city limits, unless under the immediate and direct supervision of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult in possession of a current permit.
  • The adult permit holder in charge of the use must be physically present and within 100 feet of the point of display for any household member to use the fireworks.
  • The permit must be at the location listed on the permit during the discharge of the fireworks and available for examination by any public safety officer.
  • Any use of fireworks in violation of City Ordinance, including any use of fireworks between the hours of 11:00 pm and 12:00 p.m., shall be punished upon conviction by a fine of $200 plus costs.
  • Fireworks must be discharged on a non-combustible surface of sufficient size to contain the entire ground portion of the display and not closer than 25 feet from any permanent structure.
  • Private persons may not use or discharge fireworks on any public property, street or easement unless approved by the City of Claremore's Special Events Committee.
  • No more than 25 people can be at the location listed on the permit at the time the fireworks are discharged unless approved by the City of Claremore's Special Events Committee.
  • Permit holder must have extinguishment device (water or fire extinguisher) available at the site of fireworks discharge.
  • Permit holder is responsible for cleaning up any debris caused by any person discharging fireworks at the location listed on the permit.
  • Permit holder is responsible for damage or injury to other persons or property resulting from fireworks use.
  • In the event that the Governor of the State of Oklahoma calls a Red Flag Fire Alert or Burn Ban for the area, or the City of Claremore Fire Department determines that the City of Claremore is in danger of fire due to weather conditions, Claremore's City Manager may declare the use of fireworks to be illegal and all fireworks permits to be void, without refund.
Permits are available at the City Clerk's Office at City Hall, 104 S Muskogee. A printable copy of the above information is also available.