Trash Cart Information
The City of Claremore provides 1 95-gallon trash container, or poly-cart, to each of its Sanitation customers.
Residential customers may request an additional poly-cart at an additional charge of $6 per poly-cart, per month, for a minimum of 12 months. Commercial accounts can rent a second poly-cart at an additional charge of $10 per month. There is a limit of 2 poly-carts (your primary container and up to 1 rental) allowed per residence.
If you would like to request an additional poly-cart, contact the Utility Office at 104 Sough Muskogee Avenue, or by phone 918-341-0456 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Sanitation Division uses a refuse truck that picks up your poly-cart with a fully-automated arm. In order to better serve you, we are asking your cooperation in the following manner:
- All poly-carts must be outside no later than 7 a.m.
- The poly-cart should be placed within 7 feet from the driveway, at least 2 feet from any obstacle including the mailbox, within 1 foot from the curb or road and at least 1 foot apart from another poly-cart.
- The refuse collectors will place the poly-cart a certain way by the curb in order for the truck to be able to automatically collect it. Please observe the way it is left and place it the same way every collection day.
- All trash must be placed inside trash bags and inside the City-issued poly-cart.
- All poly-carts must be placed by the curb and not in the alleys.
- All poly-carts must be completely closed.
- No bungee cords shall be attached to the poly-carts.
- Please make sure your automobile is not parked in the street on the day of collection.
- All poly-carts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
The Sanitation drivers keep daily logs, so if you are unsure why your poly-cart was not emptied, you may contact the Utility Office at 104 South Muskogee Ave., or by phone 918-341-0456 between the hours of 7:30 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Stolen / Replacement Poly-Carts
The customer is responsible for safely containing their polycart. If your polycart is damaged or broken, please contact the Utility Billing Office at 918-341-0456 to schedule a repair. If your poly-cart is stolen, you should contact the Police Department at 918-341-1212 to file a police report. If a polycart cannot be repaired or is not found, replacement poly-carts are available for $75. This charge may be added to your next utility bill.