Current School Year Information for Parents and Students
The Will Rogers Library has been a regular after-school destination for many students. However, with the current pandemic certain requirements and availability of services have changed. For full information please see the ongoing updates under
Specific Items that may impact students during the 2020-2021 school year:
- Masks are required for any person over 2 years of age.
- Occupancy is limited to 10 persons at a time.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes maximum.
- Due to the time and occupancy limits, we cannot accommodate tutoring services, teaching sessions, consultations etc. at this time.
- Computers are available by reservation/appointment only.
- Children under 18 may not reserve computers. An adult may reserve computer use for a child, however the adult will need to remain with the child at the computer for the duration of use.
- As implemented last year, the “no lingering outside the library” policy will continue to be strongly enforced, with the continued assistance of the Claremore Police Department.
Due to these factors, we are strongly encouraging parents to NOT use the library as a place to pick up children after school as children will not be able to wait outside for parents to arrive, and due to occupancy limitations they may not be able to wait inside.
We absolutely want students to be able to access any library materials they may need! We continue to offer:
- Free WiFi available inside and in the parking lot, 24/7. Please remain in your car while using Wi-Fi outside the library.
- Lobby Pickup Service. Requests may be made by phone at 918-341-1564, or email at WRLibrary@claremorecity.com. We will schedule a time for you to pick them up in our lobby. Please allow up to 48 hours for us to fill your requests.
- A temporary E-card that will allow parents and students to access the available with a Library Card. Please call the library for more information or to apply for an E-Card.
This year has presented interesting challenges for all of us. We fully appreciate how important library services are to the continuing education of library customers of all ages in our community. Decisions on how to go about offering our services safely are not easy. We must make them with the safety of all of our patrons and staff as our primary priority.